Improving your smile as an adult can be problematic, especially if the only way is to get braces. That's why Dr. Kenneth Sharp understands offers Invisalign at Stonebridge Ranch Smiles in McKinney, TX.
Here are a few FAQs about Invisalign:
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is composed of custom-made clear aligners that are made to fit your upper and lower teeth.
The clear plastic aligners are flexible and straighten your teeth without anyone having to know you were wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces.
How does Invisalign work?
The aligners function like traditional braces, applying pressure on each tooth so that it moves into its proper position. Your McKinney dentist creates your custom aligners using a specialized computer software.
You have to keep them on for a minimum of 20 hours a day. You can take them off while eating, brushing your teeth or flossing.
Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events, but that's unnecessary if they're transparent.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are thin, flexible aligners that don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike metal braces.
- Teeth-Grinding Protection: Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth from a teeth-grinding or clenching habit you may be suffering from.
- Discreet Look: Invisalign is transparent, so no one will notice if you have braces, unlike traditional metal braces, which are embarrassing if you're a teenager or an adult.
- No Dietary Deprivations: You can eat whatever you want because the aligners are removable. Traditional braces, on the other hand, prevent you from eating foods, like taffy apples or corn.
- Oral Hygiene: You can clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces because Invisalign is a removable appliance.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your McKinney, TX, dentist, then call his office today!