Posts for tag: Dental Bonding
From repairing chips and cracks to covering discolorations, dental bonding can help your smile in a number of reparative and aesthetic ways. Here at Stonebridge Ranch Smiles in McKinney, TX, family dentist Dr. Kenneth Sharp uses dental bonding to improve patients' smiles—read on to learn how it can improve yours too!
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is an affordable restorative and cosmetic procedure that your McKinney family dentist uses to repair damaged teeth and improve the appearance of asthetically marred teeth. During treatment, a putty-like material that is composed of composite resin is applied to problem areas on teeth. As the material dries, it permanently bonds with the tooth in order to improve its marred structure. Also, the resin material is color-matched to your teeth, allowing it to blend in seamlessly with your smile!
How Bonding Helps
Bonding is a quick and painless procedure that can be used to address a variety of concerns. Some of the issues that can be corrected with bonding include:
- Chipped teeth, with the resin material being used to fill in the missing portion of the tooth.
- Cracks in teeth, which are sealed by applying the resin directly over any damaged areas.
- Irregularly shaped teeth, which can be amended by strategically applying the bonding material to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing tooth shape.
- Small gaps between teeth, which can be filled in with the bonding material.
- Stained or discolored teeth, which can be concealed by applying a thin layer of bonding material over them.
- Exposed roots due to receding gums, which can be covered and protected by the resin.
Give our McKinney office a call!
To learn more about how bonding can help your smile by addressing specific concerns, schedule an appointment with Dr. Sharp, your McKinney family dentist, by contacting Stonebridge Ranch Smiles at (972) 984-1882.