Invisalign in McKinney, TX
Invisalign's invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners will give you the beautiful straight teeth you''ve always wanted. And best of all, no one can tell you're wearing them. Invisalign from Stonebridge Ranch Smiles is great for adults and teenagers. Dr. Sharp can walk you through the Invisalign process in our McKinney, TX dental office during your consultation.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the their final position
- You''ll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 - 15 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 - 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Invisalign braces are removable
Got a big night planned? Since clear braces are so unobtrusive, you may just want to wear your aligner trays, but if you want to go brace-free, it's no problem to remove the braces for a few hours. You'll normally wear the braces 20 to 22 hours per day.
Invisalign gently moves your teeth
Your dentist will order a series of aligner trays designed just for you that will gradually and gently move your teeth into alignment. Instead of reporting to your dentist's office for periodic adjustments, you'll continue the straightening process by using a new set of aligners every two to three weeks. Of course, you will visit our McKinney office occasionally to check your process, but the adjustments will take place when you break open a package of new trays.
Food choices aren't limited with Invisalign
People who wear metal braces must treat their wires and brackets with care. Certain foods, such as hard or sticky foods, must be avoided to prevent damage to the braces. If treatment takes a year or two, you'll have to do without your favorite foods for quite some time. There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. You'll simply take your braces out to eat and put them back in at the end of the meal.
How Are Aligners Made? You'd Be Amazed...
- The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
For more information on Invisalign, call Stonebridge Ranch Smiles in McKinney, TX at (972) 984-1882!